Monday, March 23, 2009

Grapefruit Madeleines

So I learned a lot over the last week - mostly that I really want to continue going on one well planned shopping trip a week.  I really think we could spend about $60 a week and eat well especially when we can use the things in our well stocked pantry and freezer.  I didn't think about how little trash we'd make while eating this way - we had SO little waste, I guess that was an added bonus.  Like I said earlier in the week I think we bought too many vegetables and not enough grains - we could have used some quinoa, lentils and/or cornmeal.  We'd shop a little different if we did this again, but overall I'd call the experiment a success.

Other news, I just got an email saying I got into the Greensgrow Farm Summer CSA.  I'm so excited about the box of goodies I'll be getting every other week.  What a fun way to experiment with new foods.  It starts in May so I'll be keeping you posted on that when summer comes around.  I also learned over the past week that posting a couple of times a week really doesn't take that much time!  I'm hoping to blog more steadily from now on, although I make no promises!

Here are those grapefruit glazed madeleines I told you about yesterday.  
Again, I just followed this Dave Lebovitz recipe for lemon madeleines and replaced the lemon with grapefruit.  Listen to his directions about chilling everything and you'll have nice poofy madeleines!


Mom said...

What great canisters! And your madeleines look delicious - I'd love one with my coffee right now, please!

Adrienne said...

Hooray for the CSA! So exciting!